Town of Long Island Job Postings
Assistant To Town Clerk, Tax Collector & Treasurer – Posted 08/01/17
The Board of Selectmen have posted this opening for an Assistant To the Town Clerk, Tax Collector & Treasurer (“Assistant”) for the Town of Long Island, Maine.
This position involves assistance to the Town Clerk, the Tax Collector and the Treasurer. Examples of work include:
- Billing, receipt and recording of taxes paid;
- Registration agent for the State of Maine for new vehicle registrations and re-registrations;
- Performance of related clerical and record keeping duties;
- Answering telephone inquiries and assisting the public at Town Hall;
- Assisting Registrar/Town Clerk with periodic elections and maintenance of voter registration information;
- Assistance to Treasurer in preparation of Town Warrants;
- Recording and filing of invoices;
- Preparation and distribution of accordance with the Treasurer of reports and budgets;
- All other duties as assigned by the Board of Selectmen.
The salary for this part-time position is $15 an hour for an expected average work week of ten (10) hours. Work hours are currently scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please forward a letter of interest and supporting materials to the Board of Selectmen, ().
Animal Control Officer – Posted 10-5-16
The Town of Long Island currently has an opening for an Animal Control Officer. Work involves animal control activities including 1) responding to complaints; 2) conducting periodic patrols; 3) capture and transportation of any stray animals; 4) issuance of citations; 5) providing public information; 6) completion of monthly activity report and annual town meeting report; and 7) any other duties as may be assigned by the Town.
The position is under the general supervision of the Board of Selectmen acting through the Town Administrator.
Requirements of the work include knowledge of state law and local ordinances and procedures for general care and control of animals. Completion of the state basic training course and subsequent state certification must be done within six (6) months of appointment. The annual stipend for this position is $1,038 plus expenses.
Please forward a completed application available on the town website (top of this page) or a letter of interest to Brian Dudley ().